Wednesday 23 November 2011

Fonts for Magazine cover

I downloaded these fonts off this link, mainly looking for college style fonts for my masthead and then created samples from the heading of it as shown on the left. The fonts i have used are mainly american style college magazines therefore i have decided i will not use the 3 first ones and use the fourth one as i feel this will fit perfectly so readers will still be able to tell the magazine is a college magazine just by looking at it and it is not to much an american style college font.







After choosing the font i will use for my masthead, i thought about which colours i will use for the masthead and other text such as sub-headings the page. I thought it would be best to stick to the three colour rule which is most simple and attractive for readers, i have chosen to do one bright colour red for the masthead as it is eye catching , and the dull grey and black for the sub-headings.







After choosing the font for the masthead and colour scheme i would use, I carried on looking at different fonts to use for my subheadings on the same website. I downloaded a few of them as shown on the left, i decided to only choose simple fonts to not overwhelm readers and make the overall magazine seem simple. I decided on the third one as it is bold and will therefore stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment