Monday 28 November 2011

Draft Magazine Cover.

This is my draft for my magazine cover. I purposely took the medium shot photo so the main subject was in the centre and the subheadings would surround her. I also purposely matched the masthead color to the puff, but are different shades, as i felt if i was to use two different colors it would clash and make it seem tacky. I included the conventions of a masthead, puff, skyline, date line and subheadings. I used a college style font for my masthead as it immediately gives the impression of it being a college magazine. My three colors are red, grey and black which follow the three color rule for magazine design.
I feel the background could me improved by making it more simple, such as a plain white or black background.  I could take more test shots with different lighting. I will also add more shadows to the text and shapes to give them more emphasis. When my make my music magazine i will have more knowledge of my target audience and the articles inside. I will also do more flatplans and audience research.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment